Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Takin' it easy

Yesterday I took it easy because my legs were feeling a tad sore after the back to back centuries over the weekend. So I just commuted to work which is 20.8 miles round trip and mostly flat. My commute involves riding down the west side path Greenway pretty much the entire way until the very end where I cross a few avenues on 16TH st to get to my office at 15th bet. 8th and 9th avenue. All this means I have almost no exposure to cars unless they decide to launch over the guardrail flying down the Henry Hudson Highway. It's a great way to start the day!

Sadly I see almost no one else commuting, but perhaps if I just sat around on the Greenway I'd change my mind and think there are more. I just assume hardly any people ride their bikes to work since I'm generally going quite a bit faster than everyone else and should be passing more riders! Maybe some day...

After work I decided to raise my brifters a bit higher since I was not quite happy with how much of a dip I had from the bar to the hood. And just yesterday I said I thought I had the bike dialed in.

After this morning's commute I'm very pleased with the brifter position. Now the bike is dialed in!:)

No comments: